How To Obtain A Green Card

Helping Immigrants Enter America – And Stay – Through Family And Work

Last updated on October 9, 2023

At Collins & Martin, P.C., we can help you with family-based and employment-based immigration matters. The majority of immigrants who receive a green card arrive here sponsored by either a family member or an employer. Many immigrants are married to a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien (green card) and they can sponsor their spouses.

A Form I-130 is necessary, but don’t expect that because you can fill the form out on the USCIS web page that this alone will allow successful completion of the process. Contact our firm for questions concerning family-based immigration involving:

  • Fiancé visas
  • L-1 visas
  • K-1 visas
  • K-3 visas

Immigration Lawyers With More Than Two Decades Of Experience

Like many aspects of immigration law, the reality of applying for and obtaining a green card is much more complex than it may appear. Whether you are looking to adjust the status of a spouse, marry a foreign spouse or bring a parent to the U.S., the attorneys at Collins & Martin, P.C., have the experience gained during many years of working with clients with issues similar to yours.

We can also help those who are looking to obtain a path to permanent status with a U visa. The U and T visas were created to allow victims of crimes or human trafficking to remain legally in the U.S. Additionally, there is the self-petition from the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) for spouses who have been victims of domestic violence.

Employment-Based Immigrant And Nonimmigrant Visas

Another means of entry into the U.S. is based on employment. Employment-based immigration is a complex and competitive process. You may be able to obtain an employment-based visa if you have some specialized talent or extraordinary skill by an EB-1 visa or by use of an H-1B visa. We can answer your questions related to any aspect of a work visa.

From our office near Hartford, Collins & Martin, P.C., can assist both individuals seeking a preference-based EB series visa or employers who need to bring skilled employees via the H-1B nonimmigrant path.

Begin Your Visa Process With Our Help

There are a number of options for immigrants to gain entry into the U.S. and remain here, but it has never been tougher. Our experienced immigration lawyers are ready to join your effort. Call 860-783-1806 or reach us online to schedule a consultation.