Family-Based And Employment-Based Immigration

Are You Trying To Get A Green Card Or H-1B?

The majority of immigrants who receive a green card arrive here sponsored by either a family member or an employer. Many immigrants are married to a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien (green card) and they can sponsor their spouses.

A Form I-130 is necessary, but don't expect that because you can fill the form out on the USCIS web page that that alone will allow a successful completion of the process. Contact our firm for questions concerning family-based immigration involving:

  • Fiancé visas
  • L-1 visas
  • K-1 visas
  • K-3 visas

Immigration Lawyers With More Than Two Decades Of Experience

Like many aspects of immigration law, the reality of applying for and obtaining a green card is much more complex than it may appear. Whether you are looking to adjust the status of a spouse, marry a foreign spouse or bring a parent to the U.S., the attorneys at Collins & Martin, P.C., have the experience gained during many years of working with clients with issues similar to yours.

We can also help those who are looking to obtain a path to permanent status by with a U visa. The U and T visas were created to allow victims of crimes or human trafficking to remain legally in the U.S. Additionally, there is the self-petition from the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) for spouses who have been victims of domestic violence.

Employment-Based Immigrant And Nonimmigrant Visas

Another means of entry into the U.S. is based on employment. Employment-based immigration is a complex and competitive process. You may be able to obtain an employment-based visa if you have some specialized talent or extraordinary skill by an EB-1 visa or by use of an H-1B visa. We can answer your questions related to any aspect of a work visa.

From our office near Hartford, Collins & Martin, P.C., can assist both individuals seeking a preference based EB series visa or employers who need to bring skilled employees via the H-1B nonimmigrant path.

Begin Your Visa Process With Our Help

Contact our attorneys today at 860-761-3400 or online today.